Every year I marvel at how quickly a school year flies by. I’m finishing up my 10 year of teaching and I can still vividly recall my first year! It is also our last #worldgeochat of the 2016-2017 school year. This will be the completion of the 3rd season of the chat. Don’t worry we will be back in August!
This is our year in review recap chat. We aim to highlight your successes, reflect on practices we may look to change, and plan for the summer as well as the next school year! It will be here before you know it.
The questions for this week’s chat are:
- What activities did you use or will you use to wrap up the school year?
- What were your biggest successes this past school year?
- What reflection strategies do you use for yourself and your students?
- What do you need to retool or switch up for next year?
- What do you want to try for next year?
- What are you most looking forward to over summer break?
- What would you like #worldgeochat to address next year as a chat or blog topic?
The name of the game for this chat is reflection and planning. Here are some resources for both student reflection as well as your own personal reflection.
50 Questions To Help Students Think About What They Think by Lisa Chesser via ( @TeachThought )
My fellow #worldgeochat moderators and I can’t wait to hear about how you ended the year, your countless successes, what you plan to remix for the fall, and your plans for the future. Please join us this Tuesday night, May 30th, at 8 PM CST for this special end of the year recap edition of #worldgeochat